Halloween is right around the corner…do you purchase candy to pass out to the ghouls and goblins? If so, do you have an exist strategy for it?
Leftover Halloween candy could be detrimental for your weight loss strategies if not handled properly.
Here are a few options of what you can do with all that candy…
- Freeze it-throughout the year you can nibble on it (read: NIBBLE, I didn’t say go hog-wild)
- Bring it to the office or send it to your spouses office…just get it out of the house!
- Send it overseas-there are groups like Operation Shoebox or Operation Gratitude, which supports our troops, that will gladly take your donation.
- If it’s unopened…return it! Yes, you can do that!! I know…I didn’t know that either!
- Some dentists host a candy exchange where they pay you $1/pound of candy you bring in…it may not be much but it’s better than eating it all!
- Try reverse trick-or-treating! Make a trip to one or more local charities that accept candy donations. You’ll feel great, and you’ll sweeten someone else’s day too. Some ideas include your local Ronald McDonald House, nursing homes, food pantries, children’s hospitals, veterans’ homes, or women’s shelters
If all this sounds like too much work, there are 2 options;
1. Give it to your friends…which reminds me of this…
2. Buy candy that you don’t like. Then you won’t be tempted to eat it!
It doesn’t matter which option you choose…just have a plan.